I would be lying if I said moving wasn’t stressful, though not for the reasons one would normally think. I have been blessed with a childhood that saw a lot of boxes being packed, new houses being moved into, and over all grand adventures. I wasn’t a military brat (though my mom was, so maybe that explains it!) but I had parents from 2 different nations who raised my brother and I in their home towns along with some other cool places.
So, for me moving wasn’t that big of a deal. In fact it was quite the opposite. Prior to our move I had been in the same location (stately speaking) for 17 years. At the ripe old age of 28, I had officially hit somewhere that I had spent a substancial amount of time in. Moving, to me, is a chance to grow, experience new things, get away from the heat, learn new cultures, and give my wanderlust a quick “calm down, dude.” Moving was stressful because all of a sudden, I couldn’t find pens. Or the lid to the rice cooker. Or the spare key to the car. Everything was in boxes.
And here we are. A month + some days after our move. I’ve been incredibly quiet on social media and the blog but that doesn’t mean that life hasn’t been busy! Here is what has gone down since we announced our move
- We packed up a 5 bedroom house and moved it 700+ miles into a 3 bedroom apartment
- We bought a Jeep!
- I started working the Monday after we moved.
- My dad came to visit.
- We launched a new show at work.
- My mom and little sister came to visit.
- Tim’s aunt and uncle also came to visit and overlapped with my mom and sister for Easter
- My mom unpacked my house and decorated (THANK YOU HOLA MAMI!!!!)
- Tim went to San Diego
- Our dogs learned what a schedule is (no more backyard, bros!)
- Kona has been “pee box” trained*
- Tim starts working tomorrow
- We are having to replan every trip we had planned for the year and shit is about to get waaaay more epic!
Life has been crazy. So crazy that I haven’t even had time to hook up internet or cable so here I sit in a Starbucks. This is my very scattered update to let you know yes we are alive. Hang with me til May 5 and I promise we will be back in full swing!!!!
*More on this if you really care…