So here we are, a week into 2019 and I have gone into a full on anti-resolution. I’ve eaten a full pint of Ben and Jerry’s, more cookies than I care to count, and haven’t stepped foot in a gym. I’ve gone through a 3 day streak of not leaving my bed. I haven’t picked up a book.
Tim and I have both been battling the yuck. Part flu, part cold, part melodramatic scenes involving NyQuil… this sickfest has been one of the worse we’ve ever dealt with.
But I, I powered through with the help of NyQuil, puppy snuggles, and caffeine. Why? Because Tim and I are moving to Chicago.
So lets get some quick fire questions out of the way!
- Yes, we are moving in the middle of winter.
- Chicago is cold, we know.
- Yes, it is the Windy City. BUT did you know the nickname has nothing to do with Lake Michigan?
- We need to eat the pizza, we know.
- We promise to remind you about the popcorn mix at the airport.
- We will be living in a TINY apartment, 300 square feet y’all!
- We are sad to leave the Smokies but we are excited about a new adventure!
So, 2019. I’m excited to get to know you. I am excited to experience your magic. You’ve got some big shoes to fill following 2018, but I think you’ve got this. Here’s to great new memories, a grand adventure, and lots of Cubs games!